- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($400 per year).
- The donations will be steered to locally-focused non-profit organizations globally. National charities will not be considered. Supporting the local community is our goal.
- Members who wish to submit a non-profit for consideration must be ready to make a five-minute presentation at the meeting to those in attendance. Three members will randomly be chosen to pitch their favorite non-profit with a 5-minute presentation, followed by a 5-minute Q&A.
- Only members who have signed a commitment form and are current on their contributions may submit a non-profit for consideration.
- Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote at meetings. Members may not vote unless they are in attendance at the meeting. Each member will vote by ballot – the majority rules.
- In the case of a two-way tie, the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie, we will randomly pick one of the two non-profit’s names out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie, we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- If a member presents and is not chosen, they are eligible to put their name in the drawing at future meetings. If a member’s charity is chosen, that organization is not eligible to win for two years. The member is still eligible to submit the name of another non-profit.
- All payments will be made to the chosen non-profit via our online giving platform Grapevine. If a member is unable to attend they are still required to donate. An email will be sent out the evening of the meeting with all of the pertinent details.
- The benefitting organization must agree to NOT use the donors’ names for future solicitations or use the database of names in any way. If the non-profit does not adhere to this condition, it will not be eligible for future consideration. The organization is also required to send a representative to the following meeting to explain how the funds.
Membership to 100 (or more) Voices Who Care is open to ALL.
More Voices Who Care=Greater Impact